The `Stuff in-world group is fairly easy going. There’s generally a lot of casual chat taking place between members as well as regular group notices advertising new releases and events that our members may be interested in. We do, however, have a few guidelines that we would appreciate you follow as either a member or a designer in the ‘Stuff groups.
Designers please, don’t use the chat group to promote your MM’s, lucky boards etc. If you are an approved designer, you have rights to send notices. So please, use notices to promote your store.
Promote stuff that fits the group, Menstuff (Men’s Fashion), Womenstuff (women’s Fashion), Homestuff (Home Designs and Home Decor), Kidstuff (Kid’s Fashion), Pose Stuff (poses and animations).
- You are allowed two notices per week only (the week starts on Sunday SL time). Notices should be about your store releases or sales. Avoid using all caps in your notices as a professional courtesy.
- During hunt events, have your hunt item out with the correct permissions BEFORE the hunt begins.
- You must put out the appropriate ‘Stuff(s) group inviter at your store.
- Don’t spam the chat – you can be ejected. *Spam consists of but is not limited to any non ‘stuff links. Allowable links: ‘stuff directories, the lounge, SLurls to ongoing ‘stuff events (parties, gatherings, etc.), links of pictures in reference to finding where to purchase a specific type of hair/skin/etc. (No store SLurls allowed.)
- This group is chatty; we are a community of people and all topics are okay as long as they remain positive. If you have feedback or concerns contact SkinTrader Greyskin or AlexAvion Resident.
- Group chat is rated as Moderate or General for Kidstuff. We reserve the right to close group chat any time if respect is not maintained.
- Do not break SL TOS rules under any circumstances. Do not make discriminatory comments (including but not limited to racism, religion, politics, or sexual orientation). It will not be tolerated. If you have questions, refer to the Second Life TOS.
- It is ok to talk about diverse subjects in the group, but please use common sense. If you don’t want to participate of the chat conversation, close the window. If you find the chat topic offensive, notify a ‘stuff team member.
- If someone asks for help, help if you can. That is what the group is about.
- Do not pass items in the chat. Do not ask for hair, clothes, shoes, etc. If you need something, ask for suggestions and/or landmarks. (SLurls are not allowed in chat.)
- Asking for lindens is prohibited.
- We do not support content theft. If caught passing ripped/copybotted items, you will be banned from the group, the original creator notified, and an abuse file reported to Linden Lab.
- No spam, announcements or discussions of lucky chairs or midnight mania in group chat. There are specific groups for those things.
- Allowable links: ‘stuff directories, the lounge, SLurls to ongoing ‘stuff events (parties, gatherings, etc.), links of pictures in reference to finding where to purchase a specific type of hair/skin/etc. (No store SLurls allowed.)
- We share this group with over 10,000 designers so be respectful and do not complain about a gift that a designer is offering to the group. It is rude, impolite and totally unnecessary. If you do not like the gift, just delete it.
- During hunts, please do not give exact gift locations in the group or local chat. You may be banned from the store and ejected from the group.